Ghosts 'n Goblins Level 1, Area 1- Graveyard is a forest level and has the first of all enemy Zombies and grave stones that litter the land. This level is what became the trademark of the whole Ghosts 'n Goblins series.
- After donning armor, you will start out in the far left end of the cemetery. You must begin your trek to the right. Zombies will crawl out of ground and march towards you in an attempt to feed on your brains. Shoot steadily at them to dispatch them. Some will carry pots with them, so collect the contents they leave behind, unless it happens to be a weapon that you don't want. Daggers are a nice upgrade from the Lance, with their improved speed.
- Shortly after you start, you will arrive at a ladder which gives you the option to take the high road or stick to the low road. If you prioritize safety, you should take the high road so that you can dispatch the Green Monsters that live up above. If you prioritize speed, you should take the low road so that you can continue running to the right without interruption. Just be careful of the eyeballs that the plants spit out at you.
- There are tombstones strewn about the cemetery. Naturally, you will hit a few in the midst of your battles. But if you happen to hit the same tombstone a total of 15 times, a Magician will appear and attempt to blast you with a spell that will turn you into a frog. If you get hit by it, do your best to survive the next few seconds before you turn back into a human. Don't forget that zombies will eventually dive back in to the ground, so they won't chase you endlessly.
- After you pass the end of the high ledge, there activity will die down as you travel across an empty stretch of cemetery. After a money bag comes into view on the right, it's only a few steps further before you have your first encounter with the dreaded Red Arremer. Some players never make it farther than this point.
- To deal with the Arremer, throw a weapon, and immediate jump up and throw a few more into the air. One of them should hit the Arremer as it rises off the ground. The Arremer likes to hover in the air until it feels like it's safe to return to the ground. It will leap back off the ground, or rise even higher if weapons approach it. You have to hit it while it charges at you, either in the air, or on the ground. If it swoops down at you, be sure to run away from it so that it can't catch you and kill you.
The level is of some sort of graveyard and includes the zombies. It's a green level with vegetation. There is also a latter. The Area ends after getting over the pit with a floating platform after passing the Red Arremer.